This is a personal blog. All info published here does not recommend a call (BUY/SELL). The author shall not be liable in anyway for your losses or problems whatsoever.

You are welcome to copy and post my articles in your blog/website if you find it useful. Please quote my site with a link back to that article which you had copied. Thanks!


Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sold MEGB (30% profit). KLSE888 portfolio @ RM6000 (20% profit).



KLSE888 portfolio manage to sell MEGB at RM2.30 today. 30% of profit pocketed within a month. Overall, whole KLSE888 portfolio stands at around RM6000 (20% increase from RM5000 capital within 1 months since inception).

Why did I sell MEGB when it is still bullish? My reason being simple:
  1. My target for MEGB is 30% profit.

  2. I had identified another stock which I think will bull in the coming weeks: GENS-C8 and GENS-CC.
    I think GENS will outrun MEGB in short term, since MEGB had up by 30% since it's low last month.
    Thus, I had swapped MEGB with both GENS-C8 (RM0.21) & GENS-CC (RM0.12)

Reason for me to choose GENS-C8 and GENS-CC:

  1. Genting Singapore is going to announce it's 1st quarter result on May 2011. I am betting it to be very good, due to CNY 2011 profit and also the disposal of the money-losing GEN UK business.

  2. I think the current mother share price will reached SGD2.20 - 2.25 (today's closing price is SGD2.12, 52-week high was at SGD2.35).

Downside for picking GENS-C8 and GENS-CC:
  1. Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay always give me surprises (e.g. last quarter loses).
  2. I don't have luck with Genting :D


I shall monitor the coming weeks to determine whether my decision is right or not. My target is for a 10 - 20% profit exit (period around 2 weeks to 1 month).

0539C8 gens-c8 pricechart jan-mar11

0539CC gens-cc pricechart jan-mar11


No comments:

Post a Comment

Chitika